POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : High School openMOSIX Cluster - Newbie Questions : High School openMOSIX Cluster - Newbie Questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  High School openMOSIX Cluster - Newbie Questions
From: Miguel A  Mota
Date: 22 Aug 2002 22:04:21
Message: <3d659825$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
        I recently constructed a 7 Node (+ 1 Masternode/Terminal & 1 Server)
parallel-processing Linux cluster as a high school science project partially
funded with a few grants from Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies.  In terms of
hardware, we are a Star topology single-pool heterogeneous 100 Base-T
switched cluster with speeds ranging from 450MHz to 800MHz, utilizing AMD
and Intel processors.  We are using standard TCP/IP utilizing DNS, DHCP,
NFS, NIS, FTP, Apache, and Samba.  For the operating system, we are using
Red Hat 7.3 Professional.   We have an equivalent cpu power of 6.5GHz.

    One of the things we initially wanted to do use image/video/audio
rendering.  For image (possibly video/animation?) I chose POVRay.  I have
downloaded and installed POVRay 3.5, then tested it with the ever popular
skyvase.  I just had a few questions:

1.) Is there a gui for Linux like windows? ( I know how to use the console
part)
2.) Is it possible to render video and animations?
3.) How can I convert existing images (bmp, jpg, gif, png,) to pov format?
4.) I can't render certain file because povray complains about no ini file,
any ideas?

--
Miguel A. Mota Jr.
Cha### [at] Netzeronet